Rival Messenger - It has been slow progress as usual, but I have some remarkable changes in!
- I have more friends!! yay (only 2 of them fake!!)
- Chat looks less ugly, and it has “typing” state for participants
- I have implemented an NSURLProtocol THTP handler. This allows for the thumbnails in chat, as well as inline image sending!!
- After debugging the seed a little bit, we figured out why bridging wasn’t working, and with some slight hax, auto-bridge works when nat penetration fails.
- I have put some real effort in to ensuring the UX of chat, particularly window management is spot on. I am very happy with the current state of things.
I have some small optimizations to finish with THTP, and then I will be moving back to the chat history viewer.
If you run Mac OS 10.9 and are interested in alpha testing, please reach out to me. I will be doing a public alpha release (downloadable from the website) once things are at a point where I consider them stable.