Project Dyson - I test fitted the electronics and everything seems to work/fit correctly. The arduino pro mini fits nicely in to the handle with all the wires squished in. The ESC + voltage/current sensor will be fit into the hollowed out battery housing. I will use velcro straps
Dyson DC16 overhaul
We used to use our Dyson DC16 all the time, but after it chewed through 2 batteries to the point you couldn’t get anything more than 15 seconds of continuous use from it, we decided it was too frustrating to use. It has sat in
Project LightStrip prototype parts arrived today. It consists of 25 individually controllable RGB LEDs from Adafruit and a Kinect (via OpenNI, etc, etc on OSX). I am now just waiting on some frosted acrylic to arrive to determine the best way to mount the leds to it for the best
I’m about to start a new project, I’ll publish the prototyping as I make progress! How exciting!
Version 0.1 wiring complete! APM2.5, Firgelli actuator controller, spektrum rc reciever, 900mhz telemetry, and wiring for headlights, steering wheel, throttle and IR distance sensor all done.
Easy on/off switch (with key) and usb socket for convenience in reprogramming!
Main power switch and underside of USB
Project power wheels’ brain! APM2.5 (ardupilot), firgelli linear actuator controller, spektrum 3 channel receiver and 900mhz wireless telemetry.
APM2.5 is running completely new code written by me (last night) with 3 modes. Full RC, RC throttle + Jeep Steering wheel (via potentiometer and analog input) and full Jeep
Project power wheels, almost fully assembled.
Over the next few days I will be working on the code to run on the APM2. Last night I started a skeleton codebase, using the ardurover code to map the initial includes/setup and loop structure. But aside from the imported libraries and
Steering buildout complete!
After much fussing with the frontend trying to get it to drive straight consistently we decided to make the drag link adjustable. Along with the aluminum plates and welded bolts to the front axels the frontend is now nice and stiff, and tracks great.
Last night i finished up the wiring and we got the APM2.5 mounted in the rear.
First iteration is just using a servo cable Y to the rear ESCs (just signal for second ESC), this will eventually become a separate output channel on the APM, and a signal cable
Max has been working on removing the slop from the front end. I guess the amount of slop is acceptable when its using the plastic wheels and slow motors, but as we have ramped everything up and are now using rubber tires the slop has led to some pretty unpredictable